The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 499 errorHandler->error
/global.php 459 my_date
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 460 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 394 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 395 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 396 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 474 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
File Line Function
/global.php 818 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 163 my_date
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 365 my_date
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 365 my_date

Hello There, Guest!
View New Posts   View Today's Posts
Arlo Guthrie's Conspiracy

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

09-28-2016, 10:34 PM #1
Ben Holmes
Administrator
Posts: 955 Threads:276 Joined: May 2016 Reputation: 35 Stance Critic

Arlo Guthrie's Conspiracy
Anonymous WCR Supporter Wrote:For those who don't know or don't remember, Alice's Restaurant was Arlo Guthrie's iconic anti-war song from the 1960s that was later made into a movie starring Guthrie. The song begins by telling about a Thanksgiving dinner at Alice's home which was in an old church behind the restaurant. Since they had lots of room where the pews used to be, they decided they didn't need to take out the garbage for a long time. After the dinner, the guests decided to help Alice out by gathering up all that garbage and taking it to the dump only to discover it was closed on Thanksgiving. Not knowing what to do, they went driving along until they spotted a pile of garbage that had been dumped off the side of the road. They decided one big pile would be better than two little ones so rather than pick that one up they decided to dump their on top of it. The next day Sheriff Opie showed up and confronted Arlo. 

He said, "Kid, we found your name on an envelope underneath a pile of garbage.". 

Arlo replied, "Opie, I cannot tell a lie. I put that envelope underneath that pile of garbage". 

This is how conspiracy hobbyists look at the forensic evidence of Oswald's guilt. Rather than accept the ramifications of all that evidence pointing at Oswald, they opt for the most ridiculous explanations. If they aren't claiming the evidence was planted, they are denying its significance. In essence they are accepting that Oswald put the envelope underneath the pile of garbage. Whatever they have to believe in order to maintain that he was innocent of the murder of JFK, the will opt for. It doesn't matter how many pieces of evidence they have to do that for, they will do it. The think that all that evidence could point in his direction and that he could still be innocent. 

This is a silly analogy... because it would not be Oswald "putting the envelope under the garbage."

It was the conspirators, or at least those involved in the coverup, that framed Oswald. Oswald had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the failure of the banks to endorse the Money Order used to frame him.

Oswald had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the military orders during the autopsy that prevented dissection of the track of the bullet, or examination of JFK's clothing.

Oswald had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the intimidation of eyewitnesses by the FBI, CIA, and S.S.

Silly analogies like the one quoted above can only be posted in forums that don't critically examine the evidence.

09-29-2016, 03:24 PM #2
Ben Holmes
Administrator
Posts: 955 Threads:276 Joined: May 2016 Reputation: 35 Stance Critic

RE: Arlo Guthrie's Conspiracy
Notice that Patrick had absolutely NOTHING to say about this.