The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 499 errorHandler->error
/global.php 459 my_date
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 460 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 394 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 395 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 396 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 474 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
File Line Function
/global.php 818 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 394 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 163 my_date
/showthread.php 873 build_postbit
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 395 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 396 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 474 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 365 my_date

Hello There, Guest!
View New Posts   View Today's Posts
Throat Wound

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

06-05-2016, 12:06 AM #6
Ben Holmes
Administrator
Posts: 955 Threads:276 Joined: May 2016 Reputation: 35 Stance Critic

Re: Throat Wound
Nick Principe Wrote:BEN HOLMES SAYS [I’ll figure out how to reply with a direct quote at some point]:

It's easy:
[Image: quoting.jpg]

Nick Principe Wrote:Although I’m willing to accept that the Commerce Street vantage point was far enough away from where any earwitnesses were standing for anyone to pinpoint activity from there. To hit a target as small as a throat from that far away is also inhumanly remarkable!

It was, at that point, probably less than 100 yards away. The Marine Corps' shortest rifle distance is 200 yards. While it was a great shot, technically speaking... the limo had very little lateral or vertical movement - so even though the limo was traveling, to a shooter at the south knoll, it would have been almost a stationary target.

I would have no difficulty at all hitting a stationary person's head at that distance, although the moving limo does make it quite a bit more challenging. Although I'd bet I could make the shot with a stationary target, I'd be less sure with the limo moving, even though it was not much movement from the shooters point of view.

Keep in mind that the shooter was undoubtedly aiming at JFK's head... so the shot was actually not that good compared to his aiming point.

Nick Principe Wrote:Here is a photo I took from behind the fence when I went to DP back in 2004 (those dark triangles at the bottom of the photo are the tips of the fence slats, which I snapped in the foreground on purpose for scale). As you can see, it’s a perfect angle for the head shot, but a frontal shot from there is simply not possible, especially if Zapruder and the Stemmons sign were both standing in the way.

Oh, I agree. I've never thought the throat wound was shot from there.

Although, interestingly enough, it would have been possible. I'm quite sure that the Parkland doctors were correct when they said that the bullet ranged downward... so if you can see the neck, you can hit the neck. With a bullet that doesn't exit, you don't have a trajectory to look at - you can't tell where it came from.

But, as I'm quite convinced that the throat wound was caused by a bullet that went through the windshield - I do have evidence for the trajectory - and it doesn't include any Grassy Knoll area...

Messages In This Thread