The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 499 errorHandler->error
/global.php 459 my_date
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 460 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 394 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 395 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 396 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 474 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
File Line Function
/global.php 818 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 394 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 163 my_date
/showthread.php 873 build_postbit
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 395 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 396 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 474 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 365 my_date

Hello There, Guest!
View New Posts   View Today's Posts
LN Factoids

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

06-17-2016, 01:16 AM #37
Posts: 59 Threads:13 Joined: Jun 2016 Reputation: 1 Stance Critic

Re: LN Factoids
It is bemusing to me that you don't believe in Santa Claus, Patrick. Truly. Not that one HAS to believe in Santa Claus, but you cannot even entertain the possibility! Look in the 6th floor parlour on Christmas Day (if you live on the sixth floor). The cookies are eaten. The milk is drunk. There are presents in the stockings. This is all hard evidence that he was there. Millions of eyewitnesses can attest to his existence. I think if you were a little more "open" to the idea, the discussion might be more interesting.

Or perhaps over the years you've come to examine all the hard evidence of his existence, and encountered problem after problem after problem with the legitimacy of that evidence. Like how can Santa be in one place at 1:15 a.m. when he was miles away just a few minutes prior? How does Santa run up and down the staircases of these houses without ever being seen and ever being out of breath? And of course, despite the "official" story, we KNOW he can't fit down a chimney.

Again, I think if you were a little more "open" and stepped back to analyze the hard evidence in any serious way, rather than from the perspective of, "It's possible, and that's all I care about" - [P. Collins, Aug. 31, 2015] then you might come to understand it is a fruitless endeavor to try and shoehorn the possibility of Santa's existence, into a place where the evidence just does not fit.

It was gratifying to me when the mother from Miracle on 34th Street said "maybe there is a Santa Clause...I just don't think there is." Yet so many people believe it to be so, and it just beggars belief. Truly.

Messages In This Thread