The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 499 errorHandler->error
/global.php 459 my_date
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 460 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 394 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 395 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 396 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 474 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
File Line Function
/global.php 818 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 163 my_date
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 365 my_date
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Hello There, Guest!
View New Posts   View Today's Posts
The so called stand down at Love Field 22 Nov 1963

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed 

06-25-2016, 04:20 PM #1
Patrick C
Posts: 450 Threads:11 Joined: May 2016 Reputation: 0 Stance WCR Supporter

The so called stand down at Love Field 22 Nov 1963
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.quora.com/John-F-Kennedy-Is-there-a-logical-explanation-for-the-Secret-Service-stand-down-at-the-JFK-assassination">https://www.quora.com/John-F-Kennedy-Is ... assination</a><!-- m -->

James Cook, Technology Editor at Business Insider U.K.
3.1k Views • Most Viewed Writer in U.S. Secret Service

The logical explanation for the 'stand down' gesture is that the Secret Service agent was waving goodbye to his colleagues and returning to his assignment.

Secret Service agent Clint Hill (who can be seen running to the left of the vehicle in the video posted in the question details above) identifies 'The Shrugging Man' as agent Don Lawton. He confirms in an interview for C-Span on November 8th 2010 that agent Don Lawton's assignment was not to ride in the follow-up car. Instead, he was to remain at Love Field and ensure the security of the airport for the President's return later that day.

Clint Hill claims that the shrugging gesture by Don Lawton was simply to wave goodbye to the motorcade, wishing them a good trip. Viewing the video segment with this knowledge acutely changes our perception of his actions and makes his account seem plausible.

His job was not to ride in the fall car. He was supposed to remain at Love Field and secure the airport for when we came back. He saying that he was going to lunch, "Have a good trip." I talked to him within the last month, he really reiterated it to me, the same thing.
-Secret Service agent Clint Hill

Agent Don Lawton's statement to the Warren Commission is available online, in it he explains his duties for that day.

I was assigned to the Press Area upon arrival and my instructions were to remain at the airport to effect security for the President's departure. -Secret Service agent Don Lawton

Further evidence of Don Lawton being assigned to remain at Love Field airport is outlined in the witness statement of Secret Service agent Emory Roberts.

SA Donald Lawton of 8 a.m.-4 p.m. shift remained at Love Field with SA Warner and Rybka to set up security for the President's departure for Bergstrom AFB, Austin, Texas. The Presidential aircraft was due to depart Dallas at 2:35 p.m. -Secret Service agent Emory Roberts

There is a considerable body of evidence that suggests that agent Don Lawton was not ordered to stand down. Instead, his shrugging gesture is his unique way of wishing his colleagues a good lunch.

Sources
C-Span interview with Clint Hill <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://c-spanvideo.org/clip/3997800">http://c-spanvideo.org/clip/3997800</a><!-- m -->
Don Lawton's letter to the Warren Commission <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://history-matters.com/archi..">http://history-matters.com/archi..</a><!-- m -->.
Emory Roberts' witness statement <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/..">http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/..</a><!-- m -->.
Written 1 Oct 2012 • View Upvotes

06-25-2016, 07:00 PM #2
Ben Holmes
Administrator
Posts: 955 Threads:276 Joined: May 2016 Reputation: 35 Stance Critic

Re: The so called stand down at Love Field 22 Nov 1963
Patrick C Wrote:The logical explanation for the 'stand down' gesture is that the Secret Service agent was waving goodbye to his colleagues and returning to his assignment.
This illustrates the belief that believers must have, in quite desperate attempts to support their faith.

This is simply beyond silly.

If you show this video to average people, and ask them what the agent is doing, what he's obviously indicating with his gestures, NO-ONE is going to say that he's just waving to his colleagues.

THAT'S NOT A GESTURE THAT ANYONE HAS EVER MADE TO WAVE GOODBYE TO PEOPLE

Patrick C Wrote:Secret Service agent Clint Hill (who can be seen running to the left of the vehicle in the video posted in the question details above) identifies 'The Shrugging Man' as agent Don Lawton. He confirms in an interview for C-Span on November 8th 2010 that agent Don Lawton's assignment was not to ride in the follow-up car. Instead, he was to remain at Love Field and ensure the security of the airport for the President's return later that day.
Not needed. Agent O'Leary, Agent Warner, agents from the Dallas field office, members of the Dallas Police, and various airmen were already in place.
Patrick C Wrote:Clint Hill claims that the shrugging gesture by Don Lawton was simply to wave goodbye to the motorcade, wishing them a good trip. Viewing the video segment with this knowledge acutely changes our perception of his actions and makes his account seem plausible.
This is silly beyond belief. Anyone watching the video knows full well what the gesture meant. I defy Patrick to produce ANY VIDEO OF SOMEONE USING THE SAME GESTURE WHO IS CLEARLY WAVING GOODBYE...

Patrick cannot do it, because this gesture is universally understood in American culture.

There are a number of references to American gestures online, Patrick will never find an example of what Clint Hill is claiming here. It's sheerest nonsense.
Patrick C Wrote:His job was not to ride in the fall car. He was supposed to remain at Love Field and secure the airport for when we came back. He saying that he was going to lunch, "Have a good trip." I talked to him within the last month, he really reiterated it to me, the same thing.
-Secret Service agent Clint Hill
Naturally, one has to come up with an alternative explanation.

But which one fits the true facts?

Emory Robert's EARLIEST report puts Rybka in the followup car... this was certainly where he was supposed to be. Indeed, this is the duty he'd been doing both that day, and the day earlier as well in San Antonio and Fort Worth.
Patrick C Wrote:Agent Don Lawton's statement to the Warren Commission is available online, in it he explains his duties for that day.

Quote:I was assigned to the Press Area upon arrival and my instructions were to remain at the airport to effect security for the President's departure. -Secret Service agent Don Lawton

Further evidence of Don Lawton being assigned to remain at Love Field airport is outlined in the witness statement of Secret Service agent Emory Roberts.

SA Donald Lawton of 8 a.m.-4 p.m. shift remained at Love Field with SA Warner and Rybka to set up security for the President's departure for Bergstrom AFB, Austin, Texas. The Presidential aircraft was due to depart Dallas at 2:35 p.m. -Secret Service agent Emory Roberts
This conflicts with his earliest report... something you failed to mention.

Quite clearly, the need for a coverup meant that changes needed to be made.

And, as Palamara's "Survivor's Guilt" notes: "Agent Henry Rybka was also on the follow-up car team in San Antonio on 11/21/63. In addition, the newly released Cooper film depicts Rybka jumping out of the follow-up car in Fort Worth on 11/22/63 - he was the first agent out of the car."

Palamara also documents Agent Lawson performing these same duties in the days before.

So we have these two agents, performing in the days before, the duties that they would be stripped of on 11/22/63 in Dallas. What's the reasonable and credible explanation that fits ALL these facts?
Patrick C Wrote:There is a considerable body of evidence that suggests that agent Don Lawton was not ordered to stand down. Instead, his shrugging gesture is his unique way of wishing his colleagues a good lunch.
Silly beyond belief... with no evidence whatsoever to support it. Gestures are precisely a language, they have meanings, you cannot simply redefine the meaning of a gesture.

Patrick will be totally unable to produce any example of someone "waving" to someone using the American gesture that quite accurately shows confusion & amazement...

Patrick has previously shown the ability to look at something, (the Alyea frame showing two weapons), and simply refusing to see what is plainly visible.

The gesture is quite plain, and has nothing whatsoever to do with "waving" to friends. Clint Hill is a liar.

Here's the video again for everyone to judge for themselves:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY02Qkuc_f8[/youtube]

06-26-2016, 01:03 AM #3
Posts: 59 Threads:13 Joined: Jun 2016 Reputation: 1 Stance Critic

Re: The so called stand down at Love Field 22 Nov 1963
Ben Holmes Wrote:
Patrick C Wrote:Clint Hill claims that the shrugging gesture by Don Lawton was simply to wave goodbye to the motorcade, wishing them a good trip.

This really ought to be moved to the "Believers Believe Anything" thread: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://conspiracyjfkforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=500#p500">viewtopic.php?f=1&p=500#p500</a><!-- l -->

Thread Closed